Entry Level Manufacturing Worker
Sorry, this job has expired.
$12.50 – $14.63
Searching for a career and not just another job? You’ve found the right place. Located in Middletown, Ohio, Middletown Tube Works specializes in manufacturing steel tubing and fabricating of steel tubing. As a supplier to many industries, notably the automotive and HVAC industry, we strive to exceed our customer demands. How do we do that? Through our talented people.
We are now hiring an entry-level Manufacturing Worker.
In the entry-level Manufacturing Worker position you will be responsible for packing tube, preparing packaging material, and bundling tube as it comes off of end finishing equipment in the Mill department. You will report to the Mill Supervisor.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 1-3 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Forklift Certification, Crane certification, In-house training.
• Must be able to operate a tow motor, overhead crane, and bundling equipment.
• Must have a general knowledge of the tube producing process and end finishing process, and be able to use micrometer and tape measure.
• Must be physically capable of handling tubing in OD range of 3/8” to 3.0” and in length of up to 28 feet.
• Load tubing into racks or bundles, ensuring proper alignment of tubing for bundle or rack formation.
• Inspect tubing as it emerges from end finishing unit for tubing imperfections such as surface scratches, dents, marks or poor workmanship.
• Separate conforming and nonconforming tubing as it exits the end finishing equipment and is loaded into racks or bundles.
• Place Finished Goods Tags (SHP-102) on bundles or racks which go directly into the Finished Goods Inventory.
• Operate rack moving devices on end finishing equipment where applicable.
• Bundle and band tubing using wood, banding material, and equipment.
• Prepare packing material for current or next order as time allows.
• Assist operator helper in length change on end finishing equipment.
• Apply rust preventative oil as required by customer specifications.
• Prepare and inspect tube for release to Inventory.
• Report any and all non-conforming material to supervisor and Mill Operator immediately.
• Notify operator or helper to stop line when suspect material is produced.
• Keep work area clean.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
• Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly be required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. You will frequently be required to stand, walk, and talk or hear, and occasionally sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. You must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision, depth perception.
You will frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and physical demands listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.